Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dorra Slimming

I have to write about the awful sales tactics these slimming places use.I'm not considered fat. In fact, I'm considered thin, but I have a butt.
The appointment was located in Midvalley at the Boulevard. I was greeted by a number of sales assistants, and then asked to take a seat. I was then weighed, and ushered into an office, where I was about to be given the package sale talk. This talk was dreadful- it lasted nearly an hour, all the while, the SA showed me a presentation on the computer, and repeated the same things two or three times. It was such a desperate attempt, that I felt so repulsed, and immediately didn't want to purchase anything. I mentioned I just wanted to try the coupon- at least give the consumer a chance to experience what you advertised. The SA said, not everything is included, even though the coupon had referred to a COMPLETE package. I was feeling so frustrated, I was about to walk out of there, and file a complaint with the coupon retailer.
Luckily, the SA realized she couldn't win me over then, and my persistence paid off. I was taken to the treatment room, small and dimly lit. Then asked to stand in front of the mirror in paper panties and holding a towel over my chest, while the SA took my measurements. The room was warm, but the SA asked me if I was cold. I said no. She said she was cold! Well duh! She didn't have any fat on her. It was so dark, I was already certain the pre and post measurements would be 'altered' to reflect a bigger difference. The SA then applied the 'essence' on me.
I then was asked to lie on the bed, and the SA used the machine to roll at my thigh area. She did one thigh, then took a photo to show me the difference. All i know is that it was red red red. She then proceeded to do the other. All I could think was I'm going to be red red red, even though she kept talking about the package, I had blocked out her voice by that time.
After that, I was taken back to the sales 'torture' room, and the door was closed. Again, I was subjected to seeing the same photographs. At this stage my thighs were absolutely burning and I was so uncomfortable. She again tried to sell me the package, but I was just not interested, as I was red and in agony. She realized she couldn't sell me anything, even bringing the package down to a '500 deposit'. She went out, and brought someone else in. The new SA (or manager?) interrogated me, asking me 'Sooo, why don't you want to buy?' As if everyone that comes in MUST buy a package. She even tried to guilt me into buying, by saying the essence wasn't included, and the SA had taken it out of her points. (At this point they were using all the lowest sales tactics.) Because I have self esteem, and because I'm not stupid enough to be tricked by photographs of an 80 year olds thighs, I thought the entire Dorra experience was so extremely off putting. I walked out of there, never to come back.

The result of the treatment- My thighs were red for the day, and I felt uncomfortable wearing a dress. By the next morning, I felt my thighs were smoother. But after a couple of days my thighs went back to their original state.

My conclusion- If you sign up with a package you will lose weight because you will be constantly criticized about your appearance by the SA. Standing in front of a mirror being measured in paper undies will constantly remind you that you're still fat fat fat, even though you're healthy.
And once you stop the treatments, you will return to your normal size again.
Be prepared to be subjected to a veryyy lonnnggg winded and completely ridiculous sales pitch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment